A day of writing prompts, opportunities to workshop and time to write
Dedicate the Day: a one-day writing retreat
Saturday 16th May 2020
Writing retreat at your house (via Zoom!)
About this event:
A one-day online writing retreat designed to support you and your writing.
If you want support with your writing project, would love some feedback on your work, plus a good dose of inspiring writing activities to help free up your creativity, then this is the day for you.
During this one-day retreat, led by experienced writer and coach, Alison Powell, and working with a team of like-minded writers, you can expect to:
* develop your creative writing (flash fiction, short stories, novels, hybrids and experimentations all welcome!)
* find time to write (and be surprised by how much you can writer given time!)
* find a way through writer's block
* stay committed to your writing (for a full day at least!)
* feel part of a dedicated and supportive writing community
* receive good quality, constructive feedback on your writing.
You can reap the benefits of:
* dedicating a day to your creative self
* a supportive workshop team
* reading and learning from other people's work
You'll be invited to submit up to 2000 words in advance of the session and to read and offer feedback to other writers on the day.
Lockdown special sliding scale: £65/45/35
"Alison has great energy and brings a lightness to the process of writing which I appreciated. She is very skilled at bringing people together and making them feel comfortable as a group. Most importantly, however, this course got me writing!" (LS)